Friday, October 15, 2010

Harriet Winslow


Five Years
It blows my mind how quickly time flies.
This is Kristy.
Also known as Harriet... or Krystal.
This year will be the fifth year of celebrating birthdays together.
Harriets birthday is just 15 days before mine, but a whole year later.
We've progressed from celebrating with
underage drinking in itty bitty two bedroom apartments
to black out party bus trips into Philadelphia for her 21st
to renting out a bar for our joint 23rd and 24th birthday extravaganza.
Sadly, we no longer live with 10 steps between our bedrooms.
I no longer wake up to her rummaging
through my closets for an outfit.
We rarely get to eat our signature dinner
[grilled cheese, salad and soup]
while watching dvr episdoes of various tv shows.
Although we dont live together (or even in the same county)
she gets me.
And she will always be one of my best friends.
She always knows how to cheer me up.
She always knows she can come to me
to teach her about some rediculous topic.
I can always rely on her
to send me a selfie piture while she is
doing a variety of tasks.
No matter how ordinary or outrageous.

So,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARRIET!!
I'm so happy to call you my friend.
Love Always,
Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment