Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Blog Families

We most commonly think of a family with the following definition:
Family : a group of individuals living under one roof and usually under one head : household

It occurred to me this morning that when combining this definiteion of family,
with that of a blog the meaning is completely changed.
Blog : a web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections,
comments, and often hyperlinks provided by the writer; also : the contents of such a site

Perhaps family defined as "a group of things related by common characteristics" is more appropriate.
But isn't it true that sometimes the things we don't have in common are what pulls us together?

As bloggers we all have our lists of daily rundowns.
Our lists of blogs we check religously, daily, weekly, or completely randomly.
The blogs that I treasure the most have become like family to me.

I know some of the faces behind the blogs and others I have never met,
others I know are friends of a friend of a friend, and so on.

This being said, I feel like I know them.
I read their blogs daily and feel like I'm visiting with an old friend.

Theres one particular member of this "family" that I think everyone should meet.

Visit The Weldons and take a look at one of my favorites.
This family has such a special story and their blog is full of excitement,
love, faith, inspiration, beautiful photography, and adorable children.

What blogs have become like old friends to you? I'd love to meet them.

4 comments: