Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Favorites

It's been quite a week here on the East Coast.
Tuesday brought with it many peoples first earthquake experience.
And this weekend, Hurricane Irene is bringing in a big bundle of fun.
[that is, if you consider 5-10 inches of rain within 24 hours and 50-70 mph winds fun]

Much of the coast is preparing to "batten down the hatches" and settle in for a wet and windy weekend.
When preparing for a hurricane most people would think of necessities,
and  items such as flashlights, water, food, generators, etc.

Not my friends.
[While we are still making sure we have some of those necessary items]
We're more concerned with the items we need for our Hurricane Party.

Good food. Check.
Bathing suits. Check.
Floaties. Check.
Candles. Check.
Alcohol for Hurricane drinks. Check.
Drink umbrellas. Check.

We're making sure to have a great weekend planned aside from the huge
(and somewhat very serious)
potential threat of flooding and guaranteed power outages.

Tumblr_lq9106qfcy1qeoilro1_500_large

While not eveyone is thrilled with the idea of our impending weather, here are a few of my favorite finds from this week. You'll find cozy sweatshirts, some items on my wishlist, and pups that are so cute your eyes will hurt and your heart will melt.
  • I want this to lounge in all weekend
  • If you grew up in the 90s you cannot deny your love for MK&A
  • One of my fav blogs for the week
  • $139 isnt too much for a bag that would be perfect for quick trips right?.
  • These adorable pups will surely brighten your gray day! Look here, here, here & here.
    Which one do you think is the cutest??
  • Who wants to help me make this? I'm dying to add it to my collection!
  • This is the way to my heart.
How are you going to spend your weekend?
What items are on your wishlist?

1 comment:

  1. Hope you guys make it through this nasty up coming hurricane. Me on the other hand, am enjoying temps in the 100- 111 degree mode!
    Please send me your e-mail and I can send you an invite to the family blog! Ashley tells me a trip out here is in the works. I am so excited, you will love the west - bring your cowboy boots

    ReplyDelete